Adam's Lair Forum

game development and casual madness
It is currently 2018/12/13, 16:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Promotional images
PostPosted: 2017/05/21, 10:25 

Role: Gamer
Hi guys :D I am a student at Federation University Australia, undertaking a class in FOSS software. We had been tasked with finding an open-source project, and to present a contribution to that project. Coming across Duality, I was very intrigued and wanted to find a way to contribute!

My partner in this assignment had a crack at solving this issue (https://github.com/AdamsLair/duality/issues/250) and as I am not very technical, I wanted to supplement his contribution with something of my own. I managed to whip up a few promotional images for Duality using royalty-free images and the Duality logo itself. I understand that they are most likely not needed at all, but the point of the assignment was to contribute in any way at all :)

I can post my images here or I can email them to whoever would like to use them.

Keep up the good work guys!

-Reece

Post subject: Re: Promotional images
PostPosted: 2017/05/21, 12:58 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Role: Professional
Hey there!

It's awesome to see Duality show up in student projects, so thanks for that and best luck with your assignment! :+1: ^^

reeceparry wrote:
I wanted to supplement his contribution with something of my own. I managed to whip up a few promotional images for Duality using royalty-free images and the Duality logo itself.

Sure, if you've got the images already done, why not post them here? :)

Just make sure to include licensing information and / or sources on the other images you used. While the Duality logo is of course MIT / Open Source, this may or may not be the case for the other images, as "royalty free" does not imply "compatible with an MIT / similar Open Source license". If that's not the case it's likely fine for a student assignment / personal use, but not necessarily for usage as part of any "official" Duality promotion.

reeceparry wrote:
My partner in this assignment had a crack at solving this issue (https://github.com/AdamsLair/duality/issues/250)

Yep, saw that one! It went through review and is awaiting a minor change on your side, but as soon as that's done we'd be ready for a merge.

Post subject: Re: Promotional images
PostPosted: 2017/05/22, 10:20 

Role: Gamer
Hey Adam!

They're definitely nothing spectacular, (sorry if I got anyones hopes up) but I'll post them at the bottom of my reply. I don't mind if they aren't used for anything official, it fulfills my side of the assignment and if you guys could find a use for them anywhere at all, then that's great! :)

I believe the background was found on Pexels, where all images are under the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license. I'll have to look for a direct link if needed!

This one was meant to be my own take on the Duality logo

And these two were just something fun I whipped up.